Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Rookies! Rookies! Rookies everywhere! The hosts can smell October, but before the playoffs begin, they will prognosticate about September call ups, playoff races and endless amounts of dorky baseball trivia. So lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• ROOKIES… MOSTLY RAYS!
• MAX SCHERZER… PITCHING WELL!
• MAYBIN MAYBE AWESOME
• IRRELEVANT DL ACTIVATIONS, FYI
• HOT TEAMS, COLD TEAMS
• QUIETEST NO-HITTER EVER
• K-ROD SAVES THE WORLD
• MARLIN IF GOES YARD 30 TIMES
• RANGERS CG SO?!?
• SCHILLING NEEDS TO SCHUT UP
• NO DANE COOK SIGHTINGS
• EMAILS FROM MIKE AND STEVE
• BATTLE OF DIVISION WINNERS
• BATTLE OF TRIVIA
• BATTLE OF THIRD PLACE TEAMS
• BATTLE OF TOP-NOTCH BABYSITTERS
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• IKE MAKES MIKE WIN
• MICHAEL LIKES THE RAYS
• DARREN DOES NOT LIKE THE A’S
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – KC SURPRISE
• HONORABLE MENTION – BIG Z, TIMMY, GREINKE
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – AN ENTIRE TEAM
• HONORABLE MENTION – BERKMAN, KAZMIR, BREWERS
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to next week’s show!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!