Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! This week, Darren and Michael share their booms and busts for the 2008 season in this, the 20th episode of the podcast! We are still on the Brandon Morrow bandwagon this week, but there are many, many more sleepers and late season additions packed into this week’s show than can be mentioned in this blurb. So lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• INJURIES NEW AND OLD
• BOOMS AND BUSTS FOR 2008
• DID THE MAGAZINES GET IT RIGHT?
• LOOKING FORWARD TO 2009…SERIOUSLY
• JUNK MAIL APOLOGIES
• LAST MINUTE WEEKEND STARTERS FOR H2H PLAYOFFS AND BEYOND
• BATTLE OF FREE AGENT MIs
• BATTLE OF SPs ON REELING TEAMS
• BREW CREW SEASON FATE DECIDED THIS WEEK?
• A “BEAUTY” CONTEST
• OH, POOR #12
• TO ELIPTICIZE OR NOT TO ELIPTICIZE
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• NO TIE THIS WEEK!
• 8-4-4 IN MICHEALs FAVOR NOW
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK THIS WEEKs WINNERS
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – HEs PRETTY BURLY, BUT ITS MORE THAN JUST A NAME
• HONORABLE MENTION – BLISTER BOY, MAGS AND LOS GIGANTES
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – DO YOU CANO WHO STUNK LAST WEEK?
• HONORABLE MENTION – MR BS AND MR DL
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to next week’s show!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!