Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Our beloved Mr. Kinsler might not be done for the season after all, though he’s still currently keeping company on the DL with almost every one of our Rookie Watch candidates. This week’s show features a lot of general baseball talk and a Can of Corn first: two emails in the same week! Lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes The Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• A TRADE WITH THE RELEVANCE OF ZILCH
• ALL THE ROOKIES ARE INJURED
• SEASONS ENDING FOR SOME MUCH-MALIGNED FANTASY DUDS
• LOTS OF YOUTH COMING OFF THE DL SOON
• INSTANT SLOW DOWN?
• YANKEES FADING FAST
• A-PU, AN ASTRO AND THE UNIT ON A TEAR
• MARINERS DECIDE ITS THAT TIME
• ANGELS LIMPING TO THE FINISH?
• WHO WILL WIN THE WILD, OFFENSIVELY CHALLENGED, WEST?
• STREAKING TRIBE
• COOKIE FOR EVERYONE
• PARENTS LOSING THEIR MINDS
• TWO EMAILS!
• END OF SEASON STRATEGY
• DTKW TOPICS
• OVER/UNDER FOR BAY AREA FIR-EBALLER
• BATTLE OF OAKLAND SB MACHINES
• BATTLE OF PENNANT CHASING 3-BAGGERS
• BATTLE OF HOT TRIBE BATS
• BATTLE OF CRAPPY BULLPENS
• BATTLE OF AL CENTRAL LEADERS
• WHATS ON THE TUBE?
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• ASTERISK TIME!
• SEASON RACE OVER, BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO FINISH!
• MICHAEL LIKES TWINKIES
• DARREN LIKES THE BANDWAGON
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – TIMMAY!
• HONORABLE MENTION – MULTI-HR GAMES ABOUND!
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – HOT START COOLING OFF IN A BIG WAY
• HONORABLE MENTION – D-BACKS EVERYWHERE, MADDUX JOINS THE PARTY
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE MONTH – DO YO WANT SOME MO’?
• TOOL OF THE MONTH – NOT A CATCHER
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to next week’s show!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!