Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! We have a great show for you this week, packed with injury updates and keys for bettering your team, both for this year and next! Episode 17 will be remembered as the episode Darren bashes the Olympics, and would rather get a root canal than watch Olympic trampoline. Lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes the Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• MADDUX NL WEST MUSICAL CHAIRS
• BOO BUCHHOLZ, YAY KERSHAW
• RIP IAN KINSLER
• WAGNER’S ARM FALLS OFF
• MORA DE-MORA-LIZING AL PITCHING
• GOT STEALS? TAVERAS DOES!
• MYERS, MUSSINA EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS
• MLB INSTANT REPLAY
• BATTLE OF MIDDLE INFIELDERS
• BATTLE OF RYANS
• BATTLE OF POTENTIAL ONE-YEAR WONDERS
• BATTLE OF YOUNG ARMS, BAD TEAMS
• BATTLE OF PAIN VS DENTISTRY
• BATTLE OF DINNER TABLE OPTIONS
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• DESCRIPTION OF GAME
• STEPHENS GETS AN ASTERISK
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK WINNERS FOR NEXT WEEK
• DARREN STILL HATES AJ PIERZYNSKI
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – MORA NOT LESS
• HONORABLE MENTION – LIRIANO, ALEXEI
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – BECKETT VALUE
• HONORABLE MENTION – HOWARD + FIELDER = SQUADOOSH, USA SOFTBALL
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to next week’s show!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!