Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! This week, the hosts delve into a myriad of Hot Corner topics, as well as some serious general baseball and Cafe talk (and TWO e-mails). We think episode 15 is the best ever, so please lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes the Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• TWO ROOKIES WORTH NOTING
• MANNY/BAY DEAL, DISCUSS!
• SO MANY INJURIES, SO LITTLE TIME
• HOME-PLATE COLLISION, WHO WON?
• KARSTENS/UNIT SHOWDOWN
• LIRIANO BACK AND HEALTHY
• LIVAN: HALF MAN, HALF MACHINE
• COWHERD IS NOT SO BAD
• BATTLE OF PERFECT ERA
• BATTLE OF NUGGET PROSPECTS
• BATTLE OF COMEBACK SEASONS
• BATTLE OF OVERACHIEVING SPs
• BATTLE OF STRUGGLING V’s
• BATTLE OF ANTICIPATED STUD SPs
• BATTLE OF MUSHMOUTH OZZYs
• BATTLE OF BREW CREW BREW-HA-HA
• BATTLE OF WORTHLESS CATCHERS
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• DESCRIPTION OF GAME
• STANDINGS, ANOTHER IMPRESSIVE TIE
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK WINNERS FOR NEXT WEEK
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – RAUL!
• HONORABLE MENTION – SANTANA (NOT JOHAN), WEBB, LUDWICK
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – ALL HAIL HEILMAN!
• HONORABLE MENTION – HARDY HARDLY HITTING, KINSLER
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to next week’s show!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!