Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Episode 14 features lots of injury and trade news and all of the concurrent fantasy spin, as well as our personal favorite trades of the year. We also got another e-mail from our good friend Steve, and we are left wondering when a new emailer will take the plunge. In the mean time, we have another great show for your listening pleasure (we hope), so grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes the Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• JOBA GOOD, UH UH UH
• SAY IT AIN’T SO, BARONE
• TRADE DEADLINE MADNESS!
• BRAVES FALLING APART, LITERALLY
• WILL V-MART EVER BE RELEVANT?
• ANOTHER STEVE E-MAIL
• ANGELS SWEEP RED SOX AT FENWAY
• AL RBI MACHINE NOT NAMED HAMILTON
• BATTLE OF INJURED 3RD BASEMEN
• BATTLE OF REPLACEMENT CLOSERS
• BATTLE OF SWAPPABLE OFS
• BATTLE OF D-BACK SP STUDS
• BATTLE OF LIMITED SAVE OPPS
• BATTLE OF UNEMPLOYED, SPOTLIGHT HUNGRY VETS
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• DESCRIPTION OF GAME
• STANDINGS – MICHAEL ENDS DARREN’S REIGN
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK WINNERS FOR NEXT WEEK
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – BIG Z
• HONORABLE MENTION – BURNETT, BRAUN
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – MICAH OWINGS
• HONORABLE MENTION – KURODA, BRUCE
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE MONTH – NOT-SO-ROCKY PITCHING
• TOOL OF THE MONTH – ANOTHER AL CATCHER
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to next week’s show!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!