Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Episode 13 focuses on the resurgent wit of Darren’s picks, some Red Sox rookies getting playing time and Rolaids for the Colorado and Kansas City pitching coaches. We also offer a solemn promise to a couple of our regulars amidst pieces of fantasy advice and random pop culture references, so grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes the Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• ROOKIE WATCH
• NOT AS BIG MLB TRADES
• LOTS OF INJURY UPDATES, TIMELINES FOR RETURN
• HOT AND COLD HITTERS
• MLB PARITY EVEN MORE EXTREME
• CONTINUED MASTERY IN SEATTLE
• GROUPIE EMAIL
• TIME TO DECIDE IF YOU CONTEND OR PRETEND
• BATTLE OF CARDINALS OF
• BATTLE FOR THE MEDIOCRE NL WEST
• BATTLE OF STEALS WITH A LITTLE POP
• BATTLE OF 2ND HALF MONSTERS
• BATMAN’S NEXT SIDEKICK?
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• DESCRIPTION OF GAME
• STANDINGS – THREE DOES COUNT AS A STREAK
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK WINNERS FOR NEXT WEEK, OR AT LEAST ONE DOES
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – STRANGELY NOT JOSH HAMILTON OR NATE MCLOUTH
• HONORABLE MENTION – MELVIN MORA SIGHTING
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – TWO PITCHERS WHO SHOULD HAVE SLEPT IN
• HONORABLE MENTION – A-RAM WITH NO HORNS
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to next week’s show — best trades of the season
• Ms. Getty, thank you for being a friend
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe's forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!