Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Even though the players took a break this week, your loyal hosts didn’t – Episode 12 is packed to the brim with the usual segments you’d expect, but this week we are recognizing our mid-season award winners. So grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes the Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• INJURY NEWS AND UPDATES
• ALL-STAR BREAK
• THE FIRST OF MANY NON-GUSHY JOSH HAMILTON REFERENCES
• PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS?
• MID-SEASON FANTASY ALL-STARS
• AN ROY AND TWO MVPs
• BIGGEST SURPRISES
• BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS
• CAFE TALK – ANOTHER EMAIL!
• BATTLE OF LOW ERA, LOWER K-RATE STUDS
• BATTLE OF 1Bs WITH DIFFERENT ADVANTAGES
• BATTLE OF 2Bs WITH OPPOSITE SKILL SETS
• BATTLE OF LIKE-NAMED CLOSERS
• BATTLE OF COMMISSIONERS!
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• DESCRIPTION OF GAME
• STANDINGS – SECOND TIME FOR EVERYTHING
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK WINNERS FOR NEXT WEEK
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – INSERT OBLIGATORY JOSH HAMILTON REFERENCE
• HONORABLE MENTION – GOOD YOUNG SP
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – A GOOD START, AND THEN…
• HONORABLE MENTION – NO 5 TOOLS THIS WEEK!
• THANK YOUS
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK’S SHOW — NEW WRINKLES
• SIGN OFF
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!