Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! With blockbuster trades and stars returning from injuries, Episode 11 is packed with up-to-date fantasy banter and information for all. Next week will look forward to a “mid-season” award show (for real this time!), so grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes the Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• BIG TRADES FOR BIG MEN
• PROSPECT WATCH
• INJURED STARS RETURNING SOON
• HOT HITTERS/PITCHERS – MANY OF THE USUAL SUSPECTS
• TIGHT DIVISIONAL RACES, NEAR PERFECTION AND…CATCHERS PITCHING?
• E-MAIL BAG
• THE MOST HAPHAZARD TRADE OF 2008
• EASY PICKIN’S – PULL THE TRIGGER ALREADY!
• STUD OF FOR STUD SP?
• RANT ABOUT MMPTs – MASSIVELY MULTI-PLAYER TRADES
• BATTLE OF STUD 2 BAGGERS
• BATTLE OF LEAGUE-JUMPING SPs
• BATTLE OF YOUNG SPs HEATING IT UP
• BATTLE OF THE SOUTHSIDER’S OFs
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• DESCRIPTION OF GAME AND RULE TWEAKS
• STANDINGS – FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK WINNERS FOR NEXT WEEK
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – A NEW FACE
• HONORABLE MENTIONS – THE MLB ERA LEADER AND AN MVP (ALMOST)
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – ULTIMATUM – HIT THE BENCH
• HONORABLE MENTION – A SLUMPING TIGER AND A BAD FILL-IN
• THANK YOUS
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK’S SHOW — MID SEASON AWARDS! WE MEAN IT THIS TIME!
• SIGN OFF
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!