Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! Episode 10 is coming to you from the home studio again, and we have things sounding much less like we recorded in a refrigerator box this time! We have some rule changes for the side games, as well as some hot new content and a few well-deserved pats on the back this week, so grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes the Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• ROOKIE WATCH – HEADLEY AND DAVIS
• INJURY NEWS AND UPDATES
• HOT HITTERS AND PITCHERS – EAST AND WEST
• RAYS ALL THE WAY?
• STREAKING WHITE SOX
• NL WEST UNDER .500
• LOSING WITH A NO HITTER
• HOUSTON, WE HAVE AN EMAIL
• THE RISE AND FALL OF JAY BRUCE
• WHAT HAPPENED TO GREINKE
• JOBA OR KERSHAW?
• SIZEMORE 40/40
• BEST CANDIDATES FOR A BIG SECOND HALF
• YOUNG CORNER INFIELDERS
• YOUNG ACES
• EMERGENCY CLOSERS
• AL WEST ACES
• WHO WINS IN A BATTLE BETWEEN ___ & ___ ?
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• DESCRIPTION OF GAME AND RULE CHANGES
• STANDINGS – DARREN OFF THE SCHNIDE?
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK WINNERS FOR NEXT WEEK
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – A FLORIDIAN?
• HONORABLE MENTIONS – A MARINER!
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – A NORTH SIDER
• HONORABLE MENTION – AN INTERESTING WAY TO SPELL “SHAWN”
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE MONTH – HE IS BIG!
• TOOL OF THE MONTH – SLUMPING BACKSTOP
• LOOKING FORWARD
• THANK YOUS
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK’S SHOW — MID SEASON AWARDS!
• SIGN OFF
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!