Welcome to The Can of Corn, hosted by Michael Stephens and Darren Shimp! This week, the hosts mock the Red Sox and Rangers for their pitching deficiencies and peruse the moves made post-deadline. A lack of e-mails brings a level of sadness to Michael and Darren that they cannot even discuss on the show. Episode 16 will be remembered as the episode Darren bashes the Olympics, and would rather watch the Little League World Series than Olympic gymnastics. Lend us an ear, grab your glove and head for the outfield – here comes the Can of Corn!
• Introduction of show and hosts (Darren and Michael)
• Published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Brought to you by Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Have fantasy/reality questions? Email us at CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• BYRD AND DUNN IN NEW UNIS
• ROOKIES FROM A TO ZINK
• RAYS’ BOO BOOS, BRAUN’s OUCHIES
• 19-17 MADNESS!
• NL WEST MEDIOCRITY
• DEMPSTER DECEPTION
• BREW CC-REW
• HOW IS A-RAM ON WAIVERS?!
• BATTLE OF PHELPS 15 MINUTES OF FAME
• BATTLE OF ARMS IN NEW PLACES
• BATTLE OF EMERGENCY CLOSERS
• BATTLE OF RBIS
• BATTLE OF DBACKKKKKKKS
• BATTLE OF LOW-END MI OPTIONS
BATTLE OF THE WITS
• DESCRIPTION OF GAME
• STEPHENS PUTS SOME DISTANCE BETWEEN HE AND DS
• MICHAEL AND DARREN PICK WINNERS FOR NEXT WEEK
• DARREN STILL HATES AJ PIERZYNSKI
TOOLS OF THE WEEK
• FIVE-TOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK – CC CONTINUES MASTERY OF NL, BUFFETS
• HONORABLE MENTION – A MARK BUEHRLE APPEARANCE!
• TOOL OF THE WEEK – EVERY PITCHER AT FENWAY TUESDAY NIGHT
• HONORABLE MENTION – BURRELL, BIG Z
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Baseball Cafe
• Email your fantasy/reality questions to CanOfCorn@fantasycaferadio.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to subscribe via iTunes
• Look forward to next week’s show!
• Sign off
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe’s forums where he actively posts under the name of WaCougMBS.
Darren Shimp is an Oregon-bred sports fanatic, who somehow got started rooting for the San Francisco Giants in the late eighties and has never looked back. He is still a newbie in the Cafe, and goes under the alias shimposter. He will always have something to say about the awesomeness of Will Clark.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!